Glide above the Thames in the Emirates Air Line cable car and enjoy great views of London. Using the cable car is an easy way to get from the Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks.
The cable car trip takes approximately 10 minutes. However, during peak times (7am to 9am Monday to Friday) the journey takes roughly five minutes. The cars, which accommodate 10 people, arrive every 30 seconds. You can use your Oyster and Visitor Oyster card or a contactless payment card to pay for the trip.
After 7pm, enjoy extended Night Flights (12 to 13 minutes each way) with music and video in cabins to enhance your in-flight experience as you watch the city come alive after dark.
Emirates Air Line is accessible to wheelchair users and cyclists and is open seven days per week.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the left side of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in) wide.
Level Change (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a standard and / or platform lift to access this service.
- The lift does bypass the steps.
Lift (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-Platform.
- The lift is 3m (3yd 10in) from the ticket barriers.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 200cm (3ft 1in x 6ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.