Pool Meadow Bus Station is a bus station in the city of Coventry, England. It is managed by Transport for West Midlands. Local bus and national coach services operated by various companies serve the bus station which has 19 departure stands. National Express Coventry has its depot adjacent to the bus station.
Easy access buses
- A ramp is available for use at the entrance - just ask the driver.
- All buses have ‘kneeling’ suspension with a low floor and wide doors to allow easy access from most bus stops.
- Each bus has priority seating areas on board especially for those less able to walk or stand.
- All our buses are wheelchair accessible
- There is a dedicated space for a wheelchair on every bus
- Wheelchairs must be positioned with the brakes on, with the back of the chair against the backrest
Mobility scooters and permits
Mobility scooter users require a permit to confirm that their scooters are approved and they are trained for use on National Express or participating operators buses.
- The permit will be personalised for the individual passenger and only issued after the scooter has been authorised and the user has received appropriate training.
- Only certain types of scooter will be permitted on buses.
- The permit is NOT a form of payment ; the passenger must pay cash or show a valid travelcard or concessionary pass, which should be recorded in the normal way.
- The pass does not entitle the passenger to any priority over other passengers.
- The wheelchair / pushchair / mobility scooter bays are available to all passengers on a first come, first served basis. Drivers are requested to ask passengers to move if a mobility scooter (or wheelchair user) wishes to board.
- Mobility Scooters are not allowed on NX buses unless the passenger has and shows the valid permit to the driver.